Tuesday 23 August 2011

The List

I have already mentioned that The Group met over a couple of beers to discuss what kind of setting we want to play. One of them came up with the idea that we should name films, TV-shows or comic books that could be used as references for what we want to create together.

I have sorted the List into categories, just so it will be easier to define what the Group wants to play. I have not managed to put all of them into a category, so feel free to come with suggestions.

Factions and Intrigue:
Rome
Dune
A Game of Thrones

Dysfunctional future:

Bladerunner
Children of Men
Land of The Blind

Transmetro
Event Horizon
Gattaca
Moon

Look + Feel
Romeo + Juliet (The Baz Lurhmann movie)
Total Recall
Mad Max

I must admit that they have not made it easy for me (or themselves), but we managed to get the most basic stuff down on paper. The player characters will be descendants of one of the first Scandinavian families/houses to colonize Mars, and there will be Replicants. The last part seemed to be very important to them (I really can't argue against that, I find them cool too). I have some ideas how this can evolve into a proper setting, but that will have to come in a later post.

One thing I have decided is to use the rules from the game Eclipse Phase, hopefully it will work without too many adaptions. Highly recommend all of you to take a look at the game, it is one of the more interesting settings I have ever come across.

3 comments:

  1. I think we should have a separate category for "look & feel" - and that Romeo + Juliet and Total Recall should be placed there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Event Horizon, Gattaca and Moon are also good references (dysfunctional future)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All great suggestions, will edit post:)

    ReplyDelete