Sunday 9 October 2011

The Killing Game


...Load encryption...

......Line secured......


<Eagle Eye>
I have still some questions about the invitation, what is the actual rules of the game?

<Morpho> There are no set rules to the game, instead each match has certain premises. If there are a rule it would be to never reveal the game to the public.

<Eagle Eye> Fair enough, Who decides what the premises are?

<Morpho> The shareholders do, they are always looking for opportunities to make the game more «fun».

<Eagle Eye> Who are the shareholders?

<Morpho>
I have no idea, all I know is that they have a shitload of money and that they love gambling.

<Eagle Eye> So I just go in blind with no idea of what to expect?

<Morpho> not totally blind, usually a match is between two professionals on a certain location with any weapon you prefer, though there are certain limitations. Like, no heavy weapons if the match is set inside a DC. Discretion is alpha and omega for the shareholders.

<Eagle Eye> So just light firearms and blades are allowed?

<Morpho> Not exactly, if the game is set outside in the martian wilderness almost everything is allowed. Heavy weapons, grenades...whatever you need to kill someone.

<Eagle Eye> Can I take with me a partner?

<Morpho> Not unless the match say so, anyone in mind? How many kills do your partner have?

<Eagle Eye> None, he have not been doing this kind of work before.

<Morpho>
You have been invited because of your work and reputation, it is unlikely that the shareholders will approve of a rookie. Any other questions?

<Eagle Eye> I presume The shareholders are watching the match and that there is some sort of compensation for me?

<Morpho> They would not have fun if they could not watch. Your compensation will vary from match to match.

<Eagle Eye> Can I decline matches when I first have joined the game, and are they always to first blood?

<Morpho> I really don't know what would happen if you declined - as fas as I know it has not happened yet. You have won the game if the opponent surrenders or if you kill him.

<Eagle Eye> Can I bet on myself? Even better can I become a Shareholder?

<Morpho> You can't - there are a strict seperation between contestants and shareholders. To become a shareholder you have to be very rich and have the right connections. I have neither - but I can put out some inquiries for you. Have to go now, but we will talk later.

----Line terminated----

4 comments:

  1. aka Idunn aka Eagle Eye.

    I presume the shareholders are watching? How much does it pay? And once I have entered The Killing Game, can I decline invitations to matches if I do not fancy the rules of the match? Can I place bets on myself? What happens if a match is set to First Blood, and I kill anyway? And as a contestant in The Killing Game, can I watch, and bet on, other matches? If not, how do I become a shareholder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Follow link for inspiration to the Killing Game...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Button_Man...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see Morpho made it out of the States alive. Good on him :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He did - though the name is more a tribute to The Captain, since Morpho has a central place in one of his favourite books - Mengele Zoo:)

    ReplyDelete